Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sleep, Sweet Sleep



Posted by Picasa

I take all my own pictures (surprised?) and unless I set the timer at 10 seconds and ran and jumped onto the bed, I couldn't get one of myself sleeping, so here is a picture of my back after I took my competition suit off, you can see the marks it left on my back where the tan was rubbed off. I was ready for sleep, is that close enough?

I have always had a sleep issue. I don't have a problem falling asleep, but I am a light sleeper and every tiny noise or light wakes me up. Plus, I get up to use the bathroom anywhere from 3 to 5 times a night, then have a hard time falling back asleep.

Until now.

I have tried everything, I take ZMA (Zinc and Magnesium Aspartate) and Night Time Herbs (Valarian root and hops) and GABA. I have tried melatonin and every other natural sleep remedy. I drink sleepy time tea.

Roy said I need to try Inositol and he gave me the last of his. I slept. I dreamt, I woke and fell back to sleep immediately, I was rested.

I bought my own and now I sleep every night. I still take my ZMA, GABA and my nighttime herbs (because they also offer other benefits), and I love my tea as I read before bed. But a half hour before, I mix up my water and Inositol and wait for the sleepiness to come over me.

Have you heard of Dr. Atkins? The Atkins Diet?  Here is what he had to say about it:

Inositol was among the very first nutrients I used for pharmaceutical purposes. It relaxes nervous tension and encourages sounder sleep. Breast milk is one of the richest sources of Inositol and thankfully these days most  infant formulas do contain it.

There is more he has to say, a lot more, you can find it here.


Inositol is also used to treat depression, anxienty, OCDC and bi-polar disorders, in other words, it makes you feel good!

But you cannot just take any Inositol, you need to take enough. Roy gave me Uber Inositol T from Poliquin. You take 2 teaspoons 30 minutes before bed, which is 4000 mg (4 grams). I looked at many other sites, most other brands recommend anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 a teaspoon per serving! Not nearly the high dosage recommended by the Poliquin brand


You can purchase any brand, just keep in mind that if they recommend 1/4 teaspoon and that is 500 mg, you will need to take 2 teaspoons to get to the 4 grams. 


Sweet Dreams!








No comments:

Post a Comment