Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quad Day

Wednesday nights with Roy is quads. Monday is Hams with Roy, and on Saturdays I hit both quads and hams myself. 


That's quite a bit of work for the glutes too, and you can tell. My body responds quite well to volume and frequency, my butt has gotten big.


Not big in a bad way, it never gets big sideways, it gets big from front to back. And it has gotten quite round and is sitting even higher than before.


Wednesday Roy looked at me and was almost shaking his head. "I am amazed at how your glutes respond" (What he meant was dayam your butt has gotten big!) ha ha


I laughed and told him that my glutes do respond quite well, my butt gets big and round, but it shrinks when I diet down. But maybe it won't this time! I have added quite a bit of muscle in the last month and a half. Oh I have my share of fat; however, the lean mass is definitely winning this race.


Then he made a comment about Nicki Minaj. Well, just check this butt out. Fast forward to 1:00 on the video, it says it all. (Email readers must navigate directly to the blog to see this video below.)


 


Entertaining no?


I really noticed my butt today, I was afraid my shorts might split as I squatted....


Back to Wednesday- what did we do?


Poliquin Dips for the VMO (I really don't care for these) 3 sets of 20 on each leg, holding a 20 pound dumbbell


Bulgarian Split Squats, I cannot recall if I did 4 or 5 sets, but I started with 25 pound dumbbells and ended with 30, I did 12 on each leg, slowly as possible, it was really burning.


1 1/4 back squats. That's a regular back squat, weight is a bit lighter than usual due to the nature of the exercise, lower all the way down, very slowly, then up only 1/4 of the way, back down all the way and then stand all the way up, immediately down again. 10 reps, 4 sets. Burning, burning, burning

Posted by Picasa

So if you are trying to work the glutes, the best way is really to work the quads and the hamstrings, then you will be functionally training the glutes and they will look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment